The universe within

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Amrita TV Recording

Just back from Trivandrum where I shot two episodes for Amrita TV.

The first is meant to be telecast on the seventh day of navaratri and hence I was given the Sahana Navavaranam to sing. The version I sang is the new version which was structured by my guru Sri TM Krishna in which Sahana is rendered as per the Venkatamakhin Sampradaya with great emphasis on the Sadharana Gandhara. Quite in contrast to the popular Sahana I must say but the effect is equally beautiful!!! I also sang Tulasi Jagajjanani (Saveri) in this episode.

The second episode contained a few less heard Dikshitar kritis - Varalakshmeem Bhajare (Sowrashtra), Narasimha Agachcha (Mohana) and Mangala Devata (Marga Deshi).

Will try and post videos as and when I have them with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ravikiran,
I heard your Navaratri concert on Amrita TV. The Sahana piece was sublime.
Is it possible for you to post the Sahana navavarna and Mangaladevate kritis?

Thanks!
KN

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home