The universe within

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Charsur Foundation Concert - 17th July, 2009

Performing at Charsur Foundation to the accompaniment of senior artists was
a delight!!!
It was such a pleasure being in the company of Sri KV Prasad and Sri
Purushottam especially - their anticipation, their knowledge of the kritis
and their ability to come in at just the right points...a truly humbling
experience.
I elaborated Kambhoji as the main ragam and sang Sri Subramanyaya Namaste
with Neraval and Swarams at the usual 'Vasavaadi Sakala Deva' line.
I began the concert with a request to the audience to observe a moment's
silence in memory of one of the greatest doyens of Carnatic Music Smt DK
Pattammal who passed away a few days ago.
Coincidentally, I had learnt this Kambhoji kriti from a tape of DKP's a
couple of years ago and every time I sing it, DKP's perfect rendition rings
in my head.
A legend who led a complete and fruitful musical life!!!
The audience turn out to my concert was fantastic - overall a great
experience.
The concert should be out in a few week's time on Charsur's website
www.charsur.com

Photo courtesy: Sri Hariharan Sankaran

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ravi, I think it was also quite nice of you to sing "Naan oru vilayattu bommayaa" which has DKP's stamp. I enjoyed your concert thoroughly....

9:39 AM

 
Blogger Sree said...

wow so cool!
n yep, this post is not showing in my reader coz of the coimbatore review post!!

12:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home